Wednesday, May 16, 2007

French Week

Life's been good. Just ok I guess. Dean came last 2 weeks. It was all good. Watched Spiderman 3 together. Spent alot of time catching up. Did breakfast with Chai Yi. Laughed and laughed. Missing him greatly. Hopefully the Perhentian trip with Dean in July's on.. We'll see.


Lets talk bout this week. I had my kitchen class yesterday. It was horrible!! I mean it was fine but the starter was such a bitch. We were supposed to cook soft boiled egg with murney sauce but the quality of the eggs was so bad that it was impossible for it to be soft boiled. In the end, chef kartina told us to hard boil it. ergh. leceh. But my murney sauce was GOOOOOOOOOOD!! The duck was GOOOOOD too!! teehee. The dessert was creme caramel. It was good. All in all, it was good.


M. Yeoh selected a bunch of us to join the Role - Play competition for French week. I was excited. Originally, it was supposed to be me, kyky, ice and reuben in a group. But Ice left the group so, M. Yeoh merged my group with James's group. So it was me, james, kyky, reuben, andrea, justin, ming yi and prince after the merge.
The merge was last minute. We didnt know what to do. At least, i didnt know what to do. M.Yeoh wanted us to do the directions thing. It was boring, I thought. But then, after James emailed me the script, I thought it was rather funny. Something different. The whole idea was boring so they decided to cheer it up by coloring the characters. 2 idiotic policemen, 2 indonesian tourists, 2 tourist, a hot local girl, and a taxi driver. The first time we practised it was a day before the competition. It was funny and all. Today, before the competition, we rehearsed and we came up with even more funnier things. Kyky came with the soundtrack and all. It was great.


Chai Yi's group joined too. If her group had spoken louder, it would have been alot better. But hell, she did a good job anyways! The other BDH was just ok. I couldnt hear anything. I didnt know what theirs was all about. DT on the other hand, did well. Vanessa, Allison, Joanne and the other girl acted great. James told me that their role play was 3 pages long. And ours was just 11/2 page! And we exegerated ours to 5 mins!! Gila right?


Our turn came, and we did our best. The audience was laughing. That's good, was what I thought. I wasnt expecting anything. Honest. Thought DT was gonna win. But to my surprise, we won 1st place!! Happy ok? It was a last minute thing. Really is. We have M. Yeoh to thank. That mother-father.! haha.



Half of the group
The dude next to me is our lecturer. With DT.
Look who I found? =) Wee2 & Venny.