Friday, May 18, 2007

Hospitality

I went to Nando's at Parade last Weds with my sister. Actually it was my idea coz I wanted to try nandos and she's a fan and knows what to order. Bumped into Chef Chong. Awkward really. Anyways, while I was waiting for my food and my sister told me to turn arnd. And so I did. I saw an old school mate of mine. She was in my class in form 4 for a while then she shifted elsewhere. So chatted and all. Was talking bout her. Her studies. You know the whole catching up thing. Then she asked if I was still in TCHT. I said I was, then she said me, ' senang.' It was in a polite tone. I mean I know you're doing law and shit. And I know it aint easy doing law. Ive never under estimated other courses. I never did. Never will.

There are people out there who dont know what Hospitality means. Sad really. What we do, are indeed very important. We supply the 3 very basic human needs. Food, drinks & services.

Face it, we dont want to have dinner or lunch at home everyday. It gets boring. I know. Im one of those. And when you do go out for lunch or dinner or whatever, the f&b people takes your order. Without them, your food wouldn't get delivered. F&B people can be those servers in fine dining restaurants to the An-ne's at mamak stalls. So basically, without them, you wont get your food.


We supply food. You go to a certain restaurant, you demand food. Thats when we come in. We cook your food. The food that you want. So, basically, we're the reason you even leave the house. And for you not to know what HOSPITALITY means, pathetic. Just sad. No offence.


What we do in hospitality school are anything BUT easy. We're learning how to give good services. I'm learning how to cook serious shit good but weird food.

Shame on you who thinks hospitality is easy. Think again. I'd like to see you do what I do. Its not only mentally challenging, its physically challenging too. Standing from 12 pm to 10 pm plus is not fun. We're basically stuck in a very hot kitchen! Not to mention packed.


I do what you do. I learn law. I do finance. I do marketing. I do accounts. I business math. I do Human Resource. I do Enviroment. I do English. I do more than what you're doing. Im doing the very basic. Let me ask you something, do you do Oenology? Do you do Housekeeping? Do you do Front office? Do you do Kitchen technology? Do you do F&B? No right? So just think wisely before speaking. You are doing law. You should know better.


Im sorry if I sound childish. I find it unfair for people to look down on hospitality. Its NOT a course for those who failed SPM. Many people joined this course mainly because they thought it is not maths involved. Think again. We do math. Business math. And it aint easy. So yeah. Im pissed alright. What rights do you have to say what you said?