Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Is it worth it?

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILADHA people!

I didnt get to celebrate. So I sorta envy those who did. *cursin fridays*.

Well, today wasnt entirely a great day. It started off quite slow. Slow to not great.

My GM received this complaint email from a guest. The guest complained that he came in last weds in hoping to celebrate his gf's b'day. He spoke to my server that he wanted a Friday's Sundae (ice-cream) instead of the Choc Cake that we usually give out for b'days. Procedure is procedure. You cant change coz its free. Well, my server asked Shaun, my collegue if it could be switched. Shaun said no. That was that. The email came in and that dude CLAIMED that Shaun told him " Sorry sir, you're in my territory!" WTF! I mean, get real already. He is a validated manager. He would never say stuff like that to people. Let alone to a guest. Plus my server witnessed everything. Shaun didnt even go to the table. Its amazing how people can just lie. Now, Shaun is in deep trouble. He might just get a warning letter or terminated for something he didnt even do. Its just unfair. You see, this industry is cruel.

Some parts of me are telling me that THAT guest had something against Shaun. He even complained that he saw Shaun eating buffalo wings with his hands. He claimed that its not hygenic. Let me get this straight coz its so frustrating facing STUPID guests like this. If Shaun wants to eat his fucking wings with his fucking hands are his fucking business, dont you think?
He's not retarted to eat wings with fork and knife. Myself and Shaun would usually make fun of guests who eats wings or nachos with forks and knifes. Its just so funny. If we're lucky, we even get to see some of them make a fool out of themselves. Pisau and garpu terpelanting sana and sini ALERT! lol. OK, not the point. Point is, whichever way he wants to eat his food, is his problem. He's eating it. He's not touching your food. What is wrong with you? Mentally challenged are you? He could lose his job you know? What kind of a person are you?

Stuff like that are the exact kind of thing that we have to deal with everyday. Sometimes we get shouted at for things we didnt even do. Thats never fair. But when a guest in unhappy, they tend to want to talk to a manager. And we'll get it. Like there's no tomorrw. Like we're some kind of embecile or a moron.

It made me wonder if its all worth it. Studying so hard to get a good job. And getting shouted at for the things we didnt even do. Is it worth it? Is it?