Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Twilight.

Im just in the mood to be writing.

I watched TWILIGHT 4 times in the cinema and countless times online. Obsessive much? Indeed.

I dont know. Maybe because I loved the book? Maybe. When I found out that they were releasing the movie, I was excited. But I kept telling myself that I shouldnt get too excited. Most movie adaptations are crap. Example : PS, I LOVE YOU, Da Vinci Code & Harry Potter.

But I was soo into the book that it was only right to a huge fan of Stephenie Meyer to be watching the movie.

And I did. On the first day of the release. Right after work. And again, 2 days later with my dear sister. And again, 2 days after with my staff. And again, the next day with Dean Love.

I read Twilight countless times before the movie was even made. So I kinda know the book by heart. I even imagined how Edward Cullen would look like. Even Bella. Alice. Rosalie. Emmet. Jasper. Carlisle. James. Victoria.

When I first saw Bella in the movie, I thought she was purrrrteeey. Not the kind I had in my imagination. But she did the character just!






Then, Edward Cullen came into the picture. At first, I was disappointed. He looked NOTHING like the Edward Cullen I had imagined him to be. But the longer I watched, the more I fancy him. He's soft spoken and so gorgeous. With undescribable voice. Love the voice.




Jacob Black was a disappointment thru out the movie. It was so obvious that he didnt fit. I heard, Stephenie Meyer wanted Steven Strait from The Covenant to play Jacob but the director disagree. So, hello whatever-your-name-is who plays Jacob Black.


The original Jacob

Steven Strait.


I knew Carlisle was supposed to be a blond but I never imagined him to be one in my, of course imagination. So, he looked sorta odd in the movie. Being blond and very pale. One of those fake pale skins. But he was alright. He played the character well. Just like how it was supposed to be.




Damn Eric is Asian! It was not mentioned in the book. There was no Lauren in the movie. Too bad.


Rosalie. In the book, she was described and I quote : "tall and statuesque. She had a beautiful figure, the kind you saw on the cover of the sports illustrated swimsuit issue, the kind that made every girl around her take a hit on her self-esteem just by being in the same room. Her hair was golden, gently waving to the middle of her back."



And of course, Jasper and Alice.





The movie wasnt a total disappointment. Matter of fact, I sorta fancy the movie. The movie was in line with the book. They had to squash 500 pages story into a 2 hour movie. So, it wasnt bad at all.