Friday, September 22, 2006

Approximately 3 years ago,
in form 5.
There was this one time,
I couldnt remember which teacher,
but she asked all of us what was our plan after SPM.
She made us go forward and talk about it.
I couldnt quite remember what the rest of the class said.
I couldnt remember what I said!
But I do remember what Alicia Leong said.
She had everything planned out.
It was scary to me.
She said she wanted to an economist.
Wanted to do A Levels and the go abroad and all.
And guess what she is abroad.
Us or something.

Point is that,
when I heard Alicia's plans for her future,
it made me realize how unprepared I was.
I didnt know what I wanted to be.
Where I wanted to study.
What course I wanted to take.
Alicia scared me.

I wanted to do Law but then not really.
I loved to bake then but it didnt occur to me that
I wanted to be a chef.
And when SPM's over and done with,
when everyone was doing something.
When everyone took up a course that they like,
it hit me that I wanted to do hospitality.
I wanted to learn more about cuisine.
But convincing my parents was hard.
I had to work for a year & a half before I could study.

And now Im doing what I like.
My passion.
Im in the right path.

Last night, I was reading a book.
Some chic lit.
I needed some light reading.
It struck me.
I want to write my own book.
I love to write.
I can write.
I have faith in my.
I still want and will be a chef.
Just that I want to be a writer too.
Wouldnt it be great?

Delaila, a chef cum writer.

wow. I can live with that.